The Metamorphic Technique is a simple approach to self healing and personal development. We all have great potential, but due to our own limiting beliefs about ourselves and our lives, we tend to get caught up in patterns of behavior that can keep us from fully realising that potential.
These patterns can be on a physical, emotional or mental level. Beneath these external symptoms are corresponding patterns of energy (also known as life force).
The technique was developed by Robert St.John, a British naturopath and reflexologist during the 1960’s. Through his own practice he recognised that our stresses caused our illnesses.His current methods of treatment were temporary and did not alter the underlying patterns of the internal stresses.He created his own charts and studies of the reflex points on the feet.
Light touch is used to the spinal reflex points on the feet, hands and head and a safe, relaxing space of acceptance is created. The treatment can be given in a chair or lying on a couch. You can feel energized, relaxed or both after a treatment. Sometimes people may experience some past symptoms or be emotional for a day or two, this is all part of releasing old patterns.
The life force, guided by the persons innate intelligence, will dig out the roots, then bring about whatever transformation of the energy patterns are needed. Gently enabling them to transform patterns and begin to move forward.
The benefits of Metamorphic Technique:
- A unique tool for personal transformation
- Neither a therapy or a treatment, but a technique that provides an environment within which your own inner life force can start functioning in a different way, enabling you to release your potential
- A new approach: The Metamorphic Technique looks at the potential energy patterns being transformed. It does not consider people to be ‘broken’. Instead it simply notices that you may have patterns or habits that no longer serve you and that need to be transformed. The energy that was involved in creating and holding the old patterns is released and can be used to create new patterns
- Any changes that occur originate entirely from within the recipient. That person’s own life force has an innate intelligence of its own. The practitioner simply acts as a catalyst in the process
- Non-invasive. There is no physical manipulation, diagnosis, or any need to discuss personal problems or medical history
- Gentle and completely safe. Everyone can benefit
- It has been used a great deal in work with physical and mental disabilities, as well as in schools for children with learning difficulties, in hospitals, in prisons and by people wishing to overcome addictions, eating disorders and stress-related conditions
- Before and during pregnancy by mother-to-be and midwives, as their life force facilitates an easier pregnancy and birth